Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Szechuan Potato

This is an excellent chinese dish which i made it in an indo-chinese way. This is an easy to make recipe with right sort of ingredients.



Ingredients:

Potatoes - 4(Medium sized)
Ginger
Garlic - 5 pods
Red chillies- 3
Tomato Sauce- 2 tsp
Soya Sauce - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Spring onions(optional)
Capsicum(optional)





Method:
1.Boil the potatoes slightly.Dont overcook the potatoes else it will become too mashy.
2.Dice the potatoes into cubes.
3.Make a paste out of ginger,garlic and red chillies.(Instead of this,we can also use szechuan sauce)
4.Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and when it gets splutter,add the capsicum.
5.Add the potatoes and deep fry it.


6.Now add the paste,tomato sauce and soya sauce.
7.Give it a good mix and serve as appetizer.







2 comments:

Stolen Thoughts said...

Hey amazing... As my mom is out of town I should take care of the cooking n I knew nothing in it (like revi:).. jus kidding
:):))… n luckily I remembered ur blogs containing these interesting receipies .So I just jumped in to try out these… I ll let u know the results soon baby.....

Do keep blogging... its really cool....

Unknown said...

Mmm yummy!!, this does sound divine. And ur hubby loves all UR receipe. Unfortunately, I’m not sure that I’ll put forth the effort it takes to make it. (Yes, I’m lazy that way.)
But you did a great job with the receipe post.;)