Saturday, March 28, 2009

land of aromas..

Hi folks,

I Just wanna bring it to ur knowledge dat my blog is still alive n me too(:-)

Well, U must think dat I ve turned into such a lazy lass dat i dint posted even a single word for last 4-5 months.. The thing is dat I ve lost my digi cam to post flashy n mouth-watering pics(guess so!!) for u n i jus found it few days back..Anywayz, I ll take time to dust it n bring it back to my usage..So, i ve decided to post some nonsense in dis post n how abt telling abt de birth of "land of aromas"..


"College life"-Its a fun package altogether n thr whr my cooking saga began..Oops,I am not frm catering school anywayz..I did my engineering n eventually emerged as a good cook..Surely inhoherent(isnt it?)..The credit goes to the well established(!!!) mess of our college.. Hostel life is one wr u can feel the effect of "food craving"..Slowly, we all got fed up wit the purely vegetarian food(??despite of dat cockroaches in curd rice)..So, we started our mission of cooking wit the electric cooker.. We, in our gang, all were novice n dint even know to cut de vegetables properly. We started de mission wit de simple ingredients of tomatoes n onions n later we experimented wit eggs n potatoes..We somehow managed to make a colourfull gravy(ofcourse,tasteful) wit all those garam masala n stuff like dat.. n spread the aromas all around...Those mondays n thursdays,we used to ve heavenly food during our dinners.. We took chapathis frm mess n combine it wit the gravy we made it in our room n it goes well wit "Tang"(Our all-time companion)..Oh God,dats a divine food!! Dats a good start for my cooking saga..


And soon aftter, I got married, to earn the so-called "good cook" name n to impress my in-laws(ofcourse,my husband), i tried to mastery over cooking n still in de process of learning..n my sis n husband were de one poor souls who were in de testing department to authenticate my experiments..Well, dats how dis "land of aromas" emerged n one more valid reason is my boredom drove me to start dis blog..


So,wat is that something striking ur mind?"So,Whn is de nxt post?" Oh yeah, I am still in de thinking process of how to delight u wit my delicious recipes. Soon catch u with th emouth watering recipe..Cheers!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Good one kirthi....I m v happy coz i m the first person to comment on....Well this reminds me of those fun filled days ...
i could still remember those starving days (went to bed with only bananas n snacks )... n once wen we went to the near by hotel (SRI BALAJI)the food was not ready and the waiter guy hardly cared for:( n you shouted at the top of ur voice EXCUSEME!!! the waiter guy n ppl around(RANDAZ) were frightened.... we had a good laugh.... :)
Days will never come back.....Stolen memories remains evergreen in our minds.....

Keep rocking....
Poor ppl in the testing dept I feel pity for them(Jus kidding)..
Do keep us posted with ur new receipe preparations it will help us too in future.......

Bye dear....

Tamil said...

Hey Kruthi!! Good to see your post after a long time. But this time you have given a different kind of food to taste.. Sweet Memories :) Even though i was not there in your cooking department that time , I sometimes joined for tasting the food !! Can't forget those times. Really good experiments. You are becoming a professional now !! :)

All the best!! Expecting your next post..

Kavinya said...

Cookery blog has turned to a down the lane of life...But it adds more taste to read it brushing up the very old memories..Though many things in our mess were bad,I still cant 4get the Mor Kulambu,Potato Poriyal and Tomato Thokku on Saturdays(All wonder which Saturday I was in Hostel)..But despite tat Me and Kruthi will bunk most of lunch sessions with few oranges,few spoons from our Dayscholars..And the buttermilk was like a saviour for many those days..Bagful of snacks up from GRR's home,Kothagiri Varukki by Abarna all has it own taste zones with me..That too snacking and eating by 12's,1 in the midnight all was really awesome and funny...Great was the days and happy to bring back those in ur blog...
Be back with some fast foods(healthy recipe's made very fast without consuming time) so tat it ll help us in the Very Fast Morg Preparations...

vishnu said...

hii ka... damm good summary ka.. and interesting story also..
but the people of the testing dept are the greatest people in the world... hihi..
and akka when did u lose ur digi..
good reason to escape na...

just kidding...
i havent tasted ur food yet..wil try once and come back with a good comment..
good job ka...
bye

kruthika kumaran said...

hey thank u gals for ur comments

Unknown said...

Krithi a edhu!!
hmmmm....! Anywayz! Awesome work!

N of course can never ever forget our hostel food! N also our lunch at Peking after which we got caught! ;) Great days they were!

Really nice recipes! Keep exploring! N keep posting! :)

Abarna said...

hmmmmmmm krithi.. U have given us a delicious blog this time really a good one.. Made me remember all those sweet days..Days days we started cooking foods n made it so tasty :) I am still in the same stage we cooked in hostel..But now u have done Masters in that.Proud of u Krithi :) Remeber the study holidays in 3rd sem when we got so much of good from home.. every week from one home.. missing all those days.Now u made me remember all those dear.The times we laughed n enjoyed are all fresh in my mind.Update with new receipe also..Write a blog about Randaaz also dear :)

Maha said...

Hi Krithi,

I am damn suprised see your cooking skill. good to see that u r making good use of ur time dear. land of aromas is excellent and nostalgic. keep going!!!!!!!
.............from one of ur fan